Cypress Pointe Gymnastics in Ponchatoula will be sending two gymnasts, Rebecca D’Antonio and Gayla Griswold, to USAG Level 10 National Championships in Cincinnati, Ohio on May 13th.
Gayla, 17, won silver at State Championship on vault and all-around and gold on floor. From there, she qualified for Regionals in Tampa, Florida where she won silver on vault and qualified for Nationals with a 36.725 all-around score. Gayla’s favorite event is bars and is most excited for Nationals because “I am competing with my teammate at such a large meet and the opening ceremony is at a pro baseball field.” She is referring to Welcome Party to kickoff this year’s competition that is being held at the Great American Ballpark, home to the Cincinnati Reds.
Rebecca, 17, placed 3rd at Regionals with a 37.1 all-around score which qualified her to Nationals. She will be the first CPG gymnast competing for LSU Gymnastics in the Fall 2018.Rebecca’s favorite event is bars and when asked what she is most excited for Nationals she replied “it’s my first time competing at Nationals and I get to compete with Gayla.”
CPG has begun summer registration for classes and camps. Check the website and Facebook for more details and to see how the gymnasts do at Nationals!
Is your daughter interested in joining CPG Competitive Team?
We will be hosting Team tryouts the morning of April 28th. A schedule will be posted closer to the date.
- Team coaches will test skills ranging from level 1-3 on all competitive events, flexibilty, and strength. Behavior, attitude, and work ethic will also be in consideration when choosing new team members.
- The results will not be available to you until your normal class day and time of the week of May 7th.
Here are some things to consider about team:
- Year round training. 2018-2019 practice will begin June 4th.
- Practice will be 2-3 days per week for 3 hours each practice.
- Tuition is estimated between $165-$225 per month with registration fee of $40 once a year.
- Competitive Apparel is estimated $300-$350.
- USAG yearly Fee estimated $70.
- $200 Booster Club yearly fee. (Fundraisers are offered to help pay for this and other fees.)
- Approximately 5-7 meets from October to March
- Estimated $80-$100 per meet fee. (All meets are mandatory)
- Competition Gymnastics is a great opportunity for your gymnast to learn teamwork, self-discipline, hard work, patience, compassion, determination, and more!
Here are some important dates for CPG gymnasts:
CPG will be CLOSED the following:
Easter break is Thursday, March 29th – Saturday, March 31st. There will be no makeups. This was calculated into tuition.
We will be closed for the Strawberry Festival.
Friday, April 13th- Sunday, April 15th. Handouts will be given about makeup classes.
Want to get a head start on cheer tryouts this year? CPG has the answer for you! CPG March Cheer Clinic. Starting March 7 we will have a cheer tumbling, jump, strength and flexibility class every Wednesday for kids ages 10-16.
Class time: 6:00-7:15pm
When: Wednesday’s beginning March 7
Price: $30 per class (If you pay for the full month in advance you get $20 off!)
How to Sign Up: Visit our website and click on the Parent Login button on the right OR call the office (985) 386-4966
We are so excited to host our annual CPG Classic this Saturday, January 27 at Chappapeela Sports Park!
Below is the schedule for meet. Hope to see you all there!
SATURDAY, JANUARY 27, 2018
- Level 4, 5 & Xcel Silver
- Level 1, 2 (7 year olds and younger), & Xcel Bronze
- Level 2 (8 year olds and up) and Level 3
- Level 6-10, Xcel Gold & Xcel Platinum